Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 2

    Hello and welcome to week #2 of my blog posts. This week I will be giving everyone the background of my film opening, how it will be produced, and the techniques I will be using to convey the main idea and message. In my last post I had finally decided on doing my film opening with the genre of drama. This week I have come to my final decision of doing a crime drama. I have chosen this specific sub genre because I feel I will work best with it and I have ideas as to what I can do to best fit the category of crime. I also am using the help from my brother who was a former Aice Media student. My brother, Danny Cooke, did a great job on his final project and he will be teaching me the basics of how to make the film opening seem so professinal. Danny will also help me with the editing process and input any ideas he feels I can improve on as well as possibly being a actor in the film itself. In the future, he would like to be an actor and this gives him a chance to practice and show his talent while at the same time, being a useful character in my project.

   The crime drama genre is usually aimed at men because of the violence and thrill this genre incorporates. The target audience age usually starts around the age of 15 due to the mature content in the scenes. There is a lead protagonist in every film and they tend to be a  strong, dominant male.
The age can reach up to over 40 years old however, most films target the younger audiences, ages 15-24.

   In my film opening, I would like and plan on using the technique of having the opening scene play on the screen, while a news report is being read aloud in the background noise. This news report will include the details of a serious crime just committed in town. People close to the area will be frantic and worried about the safety of everyone. This technique will give the audience a great background story of what the dilemma is in the movie. It prepares the audience for what will be showed and talked about. This technique is also great to use in my case since the audience will not be watching the whole film and will only be able to see the film opening.


http://asmediacrimefilm.blogspot.com/2011/05/target-audience.html

No comments:

Post a Comment