Sunday, March 4, 2018

Blog #3

  Hi and welcome back to my third blog post! In my last blog post I had narrowed my genre topics down to just thriller, horror, and drama. I have finally chosen what i will finally be doing for my film opening. I have chosen to do drama because I feel that with this genre i can create the best film based on prior knowledge and what I know and have researched about the topic.
 The purpose of a drama film is to move the audience emotionally. These films depend on the development of realistic characters dealing with emotional issues. In drama films, there is usually a conflict or dilemma that needs to be resolved. This is because dramas focus on character building and engaging the audience and give characters the chance to stretch into a role that other genres wouldn't allow them to do. Drama is a very broad genre so there is a lot I could do with this in the sense of a film opening. Since drama is such a broad genre the target audience is also very flexible. Choosing a specific type of drama film would then limit the target audience as well. However, i have not yet been able to chose my sub genre for drama. Some i have looked into are crime drama, comedy drama, and romantic drama. A crime drama will usually follow a character involved in criminal activity or law enforcement. A comedy drama will use an equal balance of humor and serious content. Lastly, a romantic drama focuses on the elements of romantic love. In my next blog,  I hope to have done more research entailing details about each of the specific sub dramas and hopefully be able to chose the one I will be doing for my final project.  Thank you and I look forward to my next blog!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment